Tuesday 7 May 2019

Upcoming Spend

£10 on an eye test at Boots next week, which will no doubt be followed by ordering two pairs of glasses from Zenni (this is not a referral link, I just think they are brilliant). I have put off this test for so long, trying to delay as long as possible because new glasses are always highly annoying, not to mention, they cost money. But it's getting to the point that it needs to be addressed, sigh. What is this ageing malarkey, I don't think I signed up for it!

I finally conceded defeat, by the way, while painting my nails and realising I couldn't do the clean-up with my glasses ON... grrrr. Well, at least painting your own nails is cheap.

Silly spend: reed diffuser for £4. Basically a bottle of smelly liquid with some sticks in it. What can I say, I like a home that smells nice. Guilty as charged.

Win: I reached payout on Prolific* and cashed out £20. This is far and away the best survey site out there because they are not actually surveys, they are scientific studies, generally by masters and doctorate students doing their theses for university. You are NEVER screened out, so every single one you get invited to, you already qualify - your time is never wasted unlike most survey sites. And it pays better than anything else out there. A typical survey will take between 2 and 20 minutes, always shows you the hourly pay rate, and generally beats minimum wage - not huge amounts of course for a short survey, but if you check the site twice a day you're quite likely to reach payout in a month, and it all helps.

Freebies: Sandwiches from workplace #1 (I just pretended I didn't know how many calories were in them). Donut from a kind lady at temporary extra workplace. Donuts are in no way, shape or form an appropriate part of a weight-loss diet, much less a very low calorie one. But I was sort of disciplined and it replaced the carbs in my dinner. I mean, one cannot say no to free food. ;)

(*=referral links)

No comments:

Post a Comment