Thursday 19 September 2019

Borrowing Power, Visualised

All up I am basically close to nil assets apart from the caravan, which still hasn't sold*, and a large chunk of that should really be repaid to my parents. But as I assemble my ducks one by one, I am keeping an eye on the prize. At the moment my access to loans is very much limited by my access to easy credit (my credit card limit is pretty high) which lowers how much a lender would consider on a mortgage. I've made myself a sort of chart, it's divided into 100 squares, and as I reach each percentage of my "funds access" target for my flat, I colour one square in.

These things are motivational...

Chart: 63% coloured. This means that right at the moment I could potentially, at high interest, cover 63% of the purchase price of my future flat. Fortunately, in five months' time when my credit rating begins to recover, I should be offered much better interest rates. Touch wood!

I've put little bars in the side of the screen at the right. More motivation!

*I have taken a deposit for the caravan so let us hope this sale goes through!

No comments:

Post a Comment