Monday 16 September 2019

Stoozing Part Two

I have set up and activated a savings account which will pay a whopping 3% interest (slow clap). At the moment I haven't got spare cash to put in it, but hey, it'll be ready when I do...

I also have a brand new 0% transfer credit card which I'll "transfer" into a smaller, 3% money transfer card, and then that one pays out the current car loan with plenty of time to repay it - something around £1240 is remaining, which will become interest-free for the grand total of a £37 fee. I can repay it easily in three months. Since I was busy destroying my credit rating already, I also applied for and got a 0% purchase card, for slow stoozing (= for everyday spending at 0% and I will put the paycheque into that savings account for the interest - again, I'll withdraw that at the end of the 0% rate and keep the proceeds). I don't plan to use any credit for anything else, my finances will be strictly managed to ensure that I am able to repay all balances in full at any time.

I did mention Money Saving Expert's MSE Credit Club earlier, which has some really useful info on my credit score and includes the Experian credit score for no charge. Since Experian's paid account has never worked correctly since they "improved" the website - I reported that the link to see changes was broken in FEBRUARY and it's still not fixed - I have dumped their stupid paid product meaning I am now £14.99 better off every month.

Excellent hours at work are continuing, very much yay. I finally returned the car seat covers and have the cash in my hands.

£32 has been earned and withdrawn into my PayPal from Prolific for doing studies in August (referral link).

No comments:

Post a Comment