Wednesday 25 September 2019

Things Wot I Done Did

I found a savings account that pays 5% for the first year. Needless to say I'll be using this one first and the other one second! It means that it's worthwhile for me to withdraw "credit card money" for free and then earn 5% on that money. It's not a king's ransom but it's something. For free.

It also means that when the 5% deal ends, I will have a spare bank account that can be used for switching deals. At the moment there are deals to be had if you are willing to use the Switching Service, mostly cash bonuses. I don't want to use the SS right now as I would lose my one and only current account, and it's my oldest account - older accounts help your credit score. But I won't mind doing a switch from a newer account that I haven't had very long.

In other news, the little cottage I first fell in love with has sold (one bedroom, £99,500). But there is one in the same street and same size overall which is two bedrooms, has mould on the tops of the walls (roof issues?) and could be made almost as lovely, and was first listed at the same price. It's been reduced twice, first to 90,000 and now to 80,000. Seems as if the buyer is desperate to shift it. The rooms are absolutely tiny and that plus the fear of roof repairs will be putting people off. I am only 60,000 short to buy it buahahaha... sigh. I know it will never be mine, and I'll never see one like this again. But it is still nice to dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment