Tuesday 10 September 2019

More Learnings - aka Stoozing

So there's a credit card hack called Stoozing. Essentially, it is manipulating the low- and zero-interest offers that banks dangle for new customers, to profit. It involves moving cheaply borrowed money elsewhere to invest, for a higher rate than the credit card charges. It also counts if you're taking low-interest card offers and paying off higher-interest loans or mortgages (which I'll be doing for my expensive car loan).

Slow Stoozing: taking advantage of 0% purchase offers for opening a new credit card, you spend up for all your bills and expenses, rather than using your income. You put your unused wage income into a savings account somewhere and earn the interest, then withdraw it all at the end of the new card's 0% period, pay it off, and keep the difference. Not masses of money, but still free money.

I'm going to give it a go, I have been approved for a 0% card. I can understand why stoozing isn't better known, because it requires being meticulous in knowing which money goes where! There will be a spreadsheet and lots of double checking.

Another ding to my credit rating? Yes. But since I realised that my short residence period in the UK and time in this current job are both going to delay a mortgage by at least another year... best get busy making as much money as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment