Tuesday 25 January 2022

Cashew Milk Verdict

Well, I have found an acceptable dairy substitute which actually works in coffee! It suffers the same issue as coconut milk does (you need half your cup to be milk) but I am drinking my coffee right now without feeling either weirded-out or deprived. It feels lovely and creamy too. Slight drawback is that it settles. If you're slow at drinking your cuppa, like I am, you'll find a weird nut sludge at the bottom of your cup.

Would I use it permanently? Not at this price I'm afraid. But for a vegan milk sacrifice, it's the best one so far.

Olio pickup: same old thing, very lacking in cold products, and no protein. I stashed some potato salad, a mini loaf of bread, some pastries, some salad, some brussels sprouts. No fruit again apart from limes. I really don't have a good use for those unless I make cordial or start necking Gin and Tonic.

Still no answer on the temporary supermarket job! This is getting old. My own job is still advertised and I am starting to wonder if local manager is silently applying professional courtesy to my old manager in case I apply back there. I cba with this kind of silly game. If old manager wants to talk she should pick up the phone. She knows where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment