Sunday 23 January 2022

The 25p Punt

So I went and did my shopping to use those vouchers. Went to a sister store so as not to be stared-at by my colleagues, but of course the vouchers wouldn't work because I went through the self-scan... which meant my plan to stay incognito was a fail. I also managed to go in wearing a Competitor Logo'd Facemask and Competitor Reusable bags, so I looked like an utter twat the whole time! They were lovely though and gave me free chocolate coins. Those are not vegan, but they were free, so.

Ah well, came away with 30-odd pounds' worth of shopping for a fiver, so that worked out ok. Included in my purchases was a 22p baguette and a massive 25p tub of rice salad. It's bizarre-tasting but edible. Also I got some cashew milk for 95p.

There were quite a few things I wanted but made myself leave behind due to the dairy content, particularly yoghurt as vegan yoghurt was expensive. I did buy a vegan pizza, and some not-chicken pieces. 

Not going to lie, Freeganuary has been incredibly easy for me but that's mostly due to the stuff I already had in my kitchen. I would have been incredibly resentful to go the whole month with only vegan food. I think once February kicks in, I will go mostly-vegetarian as my compromise. 

Health update: Although it wasn't a big shop (one trip to get it all inside) the physical act of pushing the trolley around the store, scanning my stuff, loading and unloading my car... I am wiped out and exhausted. 

Today: resigned. HR manager was very kind. They tried really, really hard to keep me. I teared up a bit, but I can't expect them to completely restructure the role in order to keep me, and I just don't want all the other roles they offered. I'm just not feeling it with this place at all. Never say never, but not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment