Monday 31 January 2022

It's Not Ham

So in my pickup for Olio was a pack of vegan Quorn not-ham slices, and I figured it was worth a go. To my surprise, they actually taste pretty similar to ham, being perhaps just a tad less salty. They even got the texture right. Tearing the slices goes the same way as tearing ham. Not a bad effort.

I was making my dinner anyway (a potato with baked beans and pre-new-year cheese) so I thought I would chuck some of the not-ham on. Warmed up, it's just a tad less appetising, so I picked the not-ham out and ate it first. In future I think it may be reserved for sandwiches and salads. And it's quite expensive, so maybe also reserved for when it's free.

I can't believe this is a thing, but I am looking forward to buying milk tomorrow. I can stomach black coffee just fine, but I actually wanted to eat cereal this morning and while I am reliably told that apple juice is nice on corn flakes, I fear it will just be a bit much on the Crunchy Nut variety. I may even walk to the shop instead of driving. May.

Currently: trying to find the motivation for job-searching. My blistering power bill is somewhat of a cattle prod in that department.

Idle thought: since I got a free six-month Britbox subscription when I upgraded my phone plan, I have been religious in watching something every night before bed. My twisted brain has realised that since I turn off the heating and snuggle up in bed to do so, It would probably save me money to actually pay for the subscription once the freebie expires 😂

Let's see when I run out of things to watch. Tonight: Broadchurch.

No comments:

Post a Comment