Wednesday 1 June 2022

Not Applying.

A combination of still not managing to reliably even complete a one-hour brisk walk and the fact that I've since heard that yeah, Blondie already has the job sewn up. Not sad, it's a relief that I don't have to decide.

Master Chef: today I made chicken curry with cous cous. It was... edible. Disappointingly, I have three more days of "enjoying" the same food for dinner 😁

The washing machine part has arrived but I'm trying to arrange my flat properly before I play Lego with the washer.

This week I watched The Power Of The Dog (Kirsten Dunst, Benedict Cumberbatch) because a bunch of review sites rated it the best film of 2021. My mini review is - it's got a twist like The Sixth Sense crossed with a hint of Brokeback Mountain. Although it's really very clever, I didn't understand the ending properly until I read the wiki article about it. So I had a combination of "wow" and being slightly annoyed that I hadn't grasped things fully. Essentially there are tiny clues which if you miss them, you won't get the ending completely. Suffice to say it's worth watching, as long as you remember that the boy is not as naïve as he looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment