Tuesday 29 November 2022

Insanity

Yesterday was THE insane day to top all days. Our colleague died yesterday morning in the carpark, someone well-loved, and it hit so hard that everyone went home. We opened the store entirely with other stores' colleagues, none of whom knew how things work or where anything is, so it was a day of being their support, just me and Blondie, plus a team of borrowed cashiers with the line of Christmas shoppers never-ending.

Seeing him choked up as he had to tell me what had happened... and yet he then had to go and smile at every pissy customer who wanted a refund, and then he had to have that same sad conversation again as each colleague arrived and most of them opted not to stay. I couldn't go home and leave him with that on his own. Life is unfair, but there's nobody to blame and you realise that this is just the way things are.

I stayed home today even though they probably would have appreciated me there today... and I think I needed it, because I didn't even wake up until lunchtime. 😴

Four phone calls to main bank and finally got someone to process a withdrawal from my loan overpayments. I'm done with messing about to save interest, it's bitten me in the arse with that repayment-order fiasco... not a huge expense in the scheme of things but complicated to keep on top of. So I'll just revert to being boring, paying as much extra as and where I can. My passport is allegedly in transit to me and soon I'll look at booking the tickets for my trip.

Dilemma is an idiot (this is not news) as she has spent money she did not have, leaving us unable to pay for an urgent repair and requiring everyone to send urgent funds. This is embarrassing, and we're lucky the contractor didn't just up sticks and go home. These urgent requests aren't easy for me to jump to, either, because I don't generally keep any real savings in my account - I prefer to just keep bill money aside and have extras sat in my loan until I need to redraw it. Sigh. I'd love to oust her and I've offered to take on the management next year, but it remains to be seen whether all the owners will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment