Wednesday 7 June 2023

I Got It!

Firstly, I got a call back from a reference I was offering to a former colleague, or more accurately she emailed to say she couldn't call me as it constantly cut off after one ring. To my immense disgust, an employer emailed me today with the exact same news. How many jobs have I missed out on because they couldn't call me when the phone was sat beside me and never rang nor showed a missed call? Grrr. I'm updating my phone and hoping the issue goes away...

Anyway, I got a nice reply about a job I applied for - it's 7.5h hours per week as a cleaner. The manager seems nice, it's a company I worked for in the past, he sounded very keen to meet me tonight on site and there is no problem if I do the work around my main job. I've had a tour of the workplace and I'm pleased as punch that I start on Monday. 😃

Especially since I have had to miss two days at Main Job this week. I injured my hand. I don't even know how! The x-ray is all clear but it's terribly painful and swollen and I can't take any anti-inflammatories, I just need to wait it out. 😩

Cashed out from surveys: one supermarket voucher for £5. Spent: £8 on flower plants. Planted: none yet, because although I managed to get them home, I don't feel nimble enough to plant them out. Treat: a chili con carne ready meal to celebrate my new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment