Saturday 10 June 2023

Blooms and Things

This week I've been to a free local supper club for expectant mums. It was so nice chatting to people! Although I felt a little awkward when they asked about my other kids' ages and then their mouths dropped. I should have paid a bit more attention to the fact that it was named a supper and not a dinner, because it was mostly dips, vegies and bread. Lovely, but essentially I feel like I've had a salad sandwich for dinner, so I've come home and am about to devour a yellow-stickered chicken pie from my freezer.

Received more payments from Testable Minds and Prolific Academic

Went to Food Club today, hadn't been over in a few weeks (I think I was burned out on casserole with baked spud) but the house really didn't have a whole lot to eat, apart from fruit or cereal, so it was time. I have treated myself to lemon biscuits and a bag of crisps and am over the moon that they had fresh, normal, white bread that wasn't best before yesterday. 😍 All up, five pounds well-spent. Also popped into Fave Supermarket and spent £16 on essential fresh stuff. It feels good to have a full fridge 😀

This afternoon I have spent some time in the garden, rearranging pots (grrrrr DilEmma and your inability to arrange a gardener to remove the vines and weeds). I planted out a bunch of my little petunia plugs into my hanging baskets. I have put far more seedlings in this year and the weather is being far more cooperative, so I should be able to advertise them for sale soon. Hopefully there will be eight or ten that look good and I can make about £50 in profit. I also kept some for myself, a few lovely buckets of colour for a bit of cheer, and they are mostly doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment