Sunday 25 June 2023

Wash #3 of 4

So the reusable nappies started arriving and I have very quickly learned that many of them will be far too big for a newborn. So I have had to spend a few more pounds to make up the number I will need in the first weeks. In total it's been about £140, which is less than the cost of disposables, and afterwards I should be able to recoup most of that by selling them on.

The washing machine is trundling along, getting them all fresh.

Today I popped in to Old Fave supermarket and bought myself two black t-shirts, a light blue t-shirt and two new bras. I had already bought a few looser items second hand, but the difference to new was only a pound, and black for work isn't really negotiable. I also grabbed a few food items I needed, oh and a donut I definitely needed. On the way out I saw the plant section, and since my tomato plant from last week is doing so well, I chose out some lettuce and a cucumber plant. When I got home to plant them, I realised I'm the proud owner of a courgette plant 😂 But not to worry, I've grown them before and they're a doddle.

I found a better pram! I had to shell out a fiver, but It's slightly smaller so it fits better in my boot, and also comes with more accessories. It still comes with an unneeded car seat 😁 but I'll give that to the baby bank along with the travel system that I don't need. The same seller also kindly gave me a baby carrier, I'd already bought one for a pound at a charity shop but we'll see which one works better.

No comments:

Post a Comment