Tuesday 16 July 2019

Rampant Repaymenting

I'm pretending that's a word...

I couldn't help myself, I sighed over lovely flats for sale (again) and then ran off and did a mortgage calculation (again) and cursed a bit more, then checked it "if I had no credit card balance", then again with "if I had a bigger deposit" and then again with "if I paid out my loan".

Anyway the end of that particular rabbit hole was me paying out the last of my interest free balances. I officially only have one card with any balance on it at all, and it's the one I use day-to-day which gets paid out in full every month (I can't clear it right this minute... but 12 days and counting until payday and then I will knock it on its head and be officially credit-card-balance- free). Debt decluttering, or something.

I haven't had this low a bank balance in many many years and it is exhilirating and also, whoosh, terrifying. But mostly exhilirating because, you know, adulting and stuff.

If I keep getting this many hours at work, I can pay out my car loan in six months. #moreAdulting

Why is money suddenly so exciting to me? I actually hate the stuff! In general, I obsess over saving it just to not have to worry about it.

I think I will cancel my gym membership. I love the gym, but on my feet all day I am simply not going to the gym often enough to justify the expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment