Saturday 27 July 2019

First Pay Incoming

Big wallop of tax (expected - but I'll get it back later from HMRC). Hourly pay rate less than expected but still more than minimums. Overall though it'll pay the bills this month (just), and I had more hours than expected, so it's still a win.

My parking fines have been assessed, and the penalty is upheld (boo) but they're waiving one as they were within 24 hours (yay) and as I paid it immediately I got a 50% discount (yay). So I'm up for £35 instead of £140. Lesson learned, and that is, the council are essentially money-grubbing jerks. But hey what's new. I will attempt to always squeeze an extra free meal in at work, and once I achieve this a dozen times, I reckon that'll make up for the cost of the fine. Today was just an egg sandwich but it was all I felt like in this heat!

Major bummer, I realised belatedly that the holiday park retains a massive chunk of the site fees I have already paid, even if I sell. This makes it even more urgent to find a buyer as it drops dramatically each month and will become "no refund" by the end of August. I am looking at walking away from this van with £13k if a buyer coughs up this week, £12k in August, and less if it takes longer to sell. Oh well. It will still be a relief when it's gone.

TV in caravan blew up this week while a friend was using it. I am so disappointed in that stupid TV. I was thinking dang, gunna have to replace that, but actually what I think I will do is wait until I have a buyer and then drop it into convo in the last five minutes with a £50 discount.

This is Pugsley - not yet wearing his new shoes
I bought a milky way decorative wall hanging off Amazon that has arrived at a quarter of the size indicated. Have popped an email off to the seller - to be honest it was such a bargain that I am not too miffed, but who knows it might get refunded.

Car breakdown cover is due this month and the renewal has arrived, £88. I need to find the time to fit the new hub caps and seat covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment