Friday 12 July 2019

Property Trawling

My credit rating has crept up a little. And my New & Improved Income™, while still not a king's ransom, evidently will qualify for a bigger home loan than I had expected.

I just re-read that sentence and laughed to myself. I still have a caravan to sell, a car loan to repay, and then I need to save the money for the legal fees and moving costs. It's not happening anytime soon. But baby steps, so they say.

Anyway as I was saying, the mortgage might well be higher than I had thought possible. This opens up better opportunities. I think I know where I would like to buy - in a tourist area - and while I can't afford the exact area I would prefer, it seems as if there are decent properties that need some TLC and can be flipped by someone willing to do the work. I'm not really willing to do the super-hard yards, these hands are not handling a sledgehammer. But I'll merrily camp in a single room and eat out of a microwave while I pay someone else to replace a kitchen. It's useful to be somewhat adaptable.

And as always I have found "the" property I want, and as usual, it'll sell to someone else a year before I am ready to move. Still, one does have to have dreams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment