Monday 8 July 2019

Optimism Of A Sort

Job is going ok. It's not going to be mentally-taxing stuff, but I think I can be reasonably content there. They fed me again and sent me home with a bag of bread rolls and some salad, and a share of the tips (not a king's ransom but nobody rejects a few quid). Two very long days though and without breaks... we are encouraged just to eat when we can rather than taking organised breaks, so I do hope they pay the whole shift. I've also noticed they're doing the old "random single days off" trick that I disliked in a previous life. We will see if this is par for the course. I am not nearly as bone tired as that previous job was though, so the shift pattern might prove to be acceptable.

I found a second shirt for work at a charity shop (then came home and found a third one sitting in my wardrobe, d'oh). Still, they will get used and I won't be washing non-stop anymore.

Spent £5 getting Pugsley a bath. He really needed it, and I'm taken aback by how shiny he is now. Also got a well-overdue hair trim (£7.50). Accidentally switched off the fridge overnight and my hommous was inedible the next day - there wasn't much left but it was incredibly unpleasant to realise mid-mouthful!

Oh, and I also spent £2.40 on four drinking glasses. I had been eyeing them for a while and saw them reduced today, so I splashed out. Get it, splashed out. Uh, I'm here all week...

photo posed by models



No comments:

Post a Comment