Friday 19 March 2021

Four Down, Two To Go

Evening shifts at work, that is. I like doing the evening shift, in a way this is my comfort zone, but I'm definitely struggling to get all my tasks done. Boss and I had a sit-down-catch-up yesterday and I'm not doing great at my time management and task management. My people management is ace 👍 and she said that I have it the right way around because it's a combination which is fixable with practice. But I'm missing key stuff due to just running out of time and it's happening over and over 😞

So, armed with a solid new plan on how to get everything done last night, predictably it all went pear-shaped. All the stock was worked, I was ahead of schedule in my list, and with 90 minutes to go, all that I had left to do was start the coffee machine clean cycle, machine the floor and then straighten the shelves. So what happens, the local 15-year-old thugs decide to come and taunt us through the front door that they're going to rob the shop. I had to activate the door lock and panic alarm, phone the police, reassure customers everything was ok, speak to the shop owners next door, chat with the police in attendance, blahhhh.

My evening was not this cute.
By the time that was resolved, a work crew arrived to do a major machine installation, and I'm saying: hold on, the shop is still open for trading! Then I'm stuck doing their sign-in paperwork and issuing them work permits. I try to start the coffee machine cycle and it just crashes over and over. And next thing I know the workmen have started unpacking tools all over the shop and barricading things off, and by that point I'd completely run out of fucks for the evening and just let them do it. My manager walked back in a minute later... 

Bless her, within five minutes she was straightening the shelves for me then starting the floor cleaner up.

All I can do is try again tonight. But with only one co-worker, who has to work the till, sigh. Oh well, can't be helped.

At least I got three pink donuts to take home!

No comments:

Post a Comment