Sunday 21 March 2021

The AF Saga

Boss and I had a long talk about Annoying Face and her trail of destruction, and her expertise on How To Lose Friends And Alienate People. It turns out that GrandBoss walked into the store recently unannounced while AF had the warehouse looking like a cyclone aftermath. GB was Not At All Happy. I do feel a bit sorry for AF. She might be a pain in the rear but nobody deserves that. We concluded that the Taz Devil behaviour had Punished Itself.

We also agreed that I would do the leadership coaching with AF. She appeared to basically understand my suggestions for things. And then in her file I see that there is a paper trail of bad behaviour from before her transfer. Facepalm. Neither of us think AF is ultimately a good fit but we can only hope she learns something and becomes less annoying. Me, I hope that someone else applies for the job and gets it.

I met my upstairs neighbours today and they are lovely!

Dinner: cheese and garlic stuffed mushrooms. Also lovely.

Free: Sausage rolls, hummus, tissues.

Post Script: I sat on this post for a week or so before posting, and then during the week we had to switch some shifts around due to a sick call. AF took an early morning shift. Work Bestie and Boss Lady walked into the building together three hours later to see the warehouse was yet again a disaster zone. I sat AF down to discuss store standards and she denies making these messes. And because I am not there to witness them, I can't argue back...

I really wish that I had all my proverbial shit together myself so I could actually go after this, but all I can do is encourage Work Bestie to give AF another lecture. In the meantime I have spoken to Buddy at Sister Store and am encouraging him to apply for the job that AF wants. I think absolutely everybody would prefer to have Buddy take the job, it's just a case of convincing him to apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment