Friday 12 March 2021

Where Am I?

Playing Fallout Shelter (free) and very much looking forward to my weekend, which thanks to an interesting rota shift, will be three days of bliss. It's even been an ok-week, since I had my first aid training online today and that meant I stayed home to do it - it was mentally taxing, but it's still nice to have a change.

I've been sort of cranky about my built-up Amazon gift card credit, sitting there unused because eBay is usually cheaper. But I've finally run through the last of my PayPal cash, so I decided to spend the Amazon credit. Well dear reader I went a bit silly and bought lots of items. None of them are truly frivolous purchases, at least. I've been taking a lunchbox to work and realised that grownups are allowed to have a lunch bag. What a revelation 😂 and I shall post a picture when my very-adult purple unicorn bag arrives...

Also bought a hair-straightener, as my Covid 'do is looking rather shabby. Plus there's a sink unblocker tool (probably not going to work, but worth a try). I also bought a digital room thermometer, confirming my suspicion that the fancy new heater's thermostat telling me it's 24 degrees is a lie. And a stapler as I'm getting annoyed at all the filling-up of "non-reusable" vacuum cleaner bags - I shall cut them, empty them and reseal them. 

Said weekend involves plans to clear the aforementioned bathroom sink (almost completely blocked, will probably need disassembly) and hopefully, muster up the motivation to get another wall moving forwards.

Also about the heater: Its wifi isn't working, a feature that I paid extra for. Their support team has offered a £50 refund, but because the heater has a standby mode rather than just turning "on" when you switch it on at the wall, I can't control it with a simple £10 plug timer, making it less functional for me than a £50 "dumb" heater. I've reached out to them, but if I can't make it work then the heater is going back. How sad that half price still isn't a good deal... but there we have it, sometimes that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment