Thursday 25 November 2021

Ugh Power Prices

So when I moved in here nine months ago, I signed up with Neon Reef for my electricity. They were pretty new on the scene and entirely online - which I am fine about - and not only were their tariffs low, all their power was green as well. (Whatever green energy actually means.)

You will probably not be surprised, but they're one of the companies that have gone bust in recent weeks. About 25 energy companies supplying England have bitten the dust in November. The UK has price caps on what can be charged by law, and as the price of fuel has skyrocketed they've been going backwards by supplying it under the cap price.

I signed up on a 14 pence per kilowatt hour variable tariff which was the lowest on the market at that time. I've now been flung into British Gas 😠 and my new tariff is 21 pence. 😠

Why isn't there a puke emoji? 😠

I am not looking forward to bills that are 50% higher than before. And there is no point switching, they're all basically the same cost now. Sigh. They can't even move my direct debit over and I will have to pay the bills manually from here.

Not impressed.

Plus, I'm home for a week between jobs = more power use heating the flat. At least I'm not spending money on food, since the kitchen is still full.

Lovely: Neighbour #8 who just gave me a box of chocolates for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment