Wednesday 2 February 2022

It's Not Even Veganuary

...so why did I cook plant-based burgers tonight? Well, I'm still reallllly conscious of being low-income, so I thought I'd use them up.

Was it edible? Well yes. I ate mine in an English muffin which I got free last week. Was it nice? Erm... not delicious. The texture isn't bad and they are pleasantly chunky, but the pure grease factor just isn't there. I'd put what I thought was a lot of tomato ketchup on, but I ended up having to squeeze more sauce onto every single bite, it was that gluey.

Would I buy them? Not even if I'd invited a vegetarian friend to a barbecue, not when there are edible vegie sausages out there in the world.

I took myself to the shops today, firstly to post a parcel (jerk buyer sent me the wrong item) and then to buy COW'S MILK on the way home. It's only ten minutes away, but I was in trouble by the time I'd walked down then stood in the queue for another ten minutes. I was shaky and exhausted and not at all sure I'd get home in one piece. It was a long walk home.

It was probably related to not really eating a proper breakfast though which is my own fault.

Determined: to stop filling my days with junk food.

Used: an old, apparently not-empty gift card that I found in my emails, so it feels like the milk was free.

Avoided: buying anything else, even the delicious-looking reduced Chow Mein.

Defrosting: two gammon steaks from my freezer which were free from work many months ago. They're enormous, so this will probably be several meals for me. There are also potatoes and salad in my dinner plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment