Tuesday 24 May 2022

Angels Drive Removal Vans

So Angel Man, whom I've used before, texted me three hours early to say he was free if I wanted to get started? Brilliant. Except then my car just would not start. This lovely man then drove all the way to pick me up, took me back to the storage, where two more angels were there to get it all packed up, then they even stopped for me to visit the cashpoint, and once they had brought it all into my flat he even assembled some of it (despite me telling him not to worry). After nearly three hours of mucking about he still only asked for £120! For the three of them, including the diesel for two trucks.

I gave him £140 and three cans of Coke. And I got an hour of chatting to someone as interested in property as me, which was a huge surprise but really nice.

Everybody wins. Also, we agreed that we really need a block of land to plonk a dozen shipping containers onto so that we can store stuff for people and get insanely rich. Or, buy the block of 30 garages for sale right now nearby and sell them off and get rich off other people that way. There really aren't very many people who think like we do 😁

But anyway. My flat is now a giant game of "dodge the PILES OF STUFF" since it's all just strewn about randomly. This ain't anyone's fault but mine. I had had vague ideas that today I'd empty ten boxes into my wardrobe, but this will have to wait until I've at least made it walkable. But hey, it's my flat and my stuff and if I want to take a month to rearrange my PILES OF STUFF then I can. 👉

Now to drink the last can of Coke and wait for the road service people to come and figure out why my car won't start...

No comments:

Post a Comment