Monday 20 February 2023

Dinner: A Potato

With tinned chicken curry. Also tinned vegetables (again) which, bizarrely, I'm not tired of despite having eaten them for a week now.

I haven't really shopped at a regular supermarket for a week, and since my bananas ran out I've been having tinned peaches with tinned custard instead. Which doubles as my dessert, since I didn't buy more yoghurt. My salad fixings will run out soon though so it looks like I'll be back to Old Favourite Supermarket next week, after Food Club. I'm taking a workmate with me who wants to check it out, someone who really needs it, so this is a Good Thing™ 👍

Currently wondering: when I'll get sick of only having potatoes and tins to choose from for dinner. I plan to mix it up a bit and opt for more omelettes, plus pasta or mash next week now and then. Also wondering when the car wash will be fixed. I might need to resort to a different one because poor Pronto is getting bird-pooped.

Employment: currently just-under subsistence levels of income. No news on the cleaning jobs I applied for. I had a really heavy day yesterday at work, everyone went above & beyond (yes it was one of those days from hell, including a hospital trip) and I feel like they gave me too much credit... I just did what seemed like the right thing to do but I think I have Been Mentioned again and am expecting another award next week. I won't feel like I deserve it. But it's nice to be held in high esteem, so to speak.

Spendy McSpenderson: I bought myself a £9 set of shelves with wheels, from work, to put in my kitchen. I was getting rather sick of piles of food taking over so much of my bench space and had no room in my cupboards either, and I had been resorting to bags on my floor. Things are now neatly stacked in my new trolley, tidy and easy to get to. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment