Friday 17 February 2023

It's Potato Week.

So I wasn't going to go to Food Club this week, but I needed something to go with my potatoes. Well 😂 And then the lovely man bagged me five more 😂 which are all sort of softening, so they need to be eaten fast. Not a problem considering how "potato topping-centric" today's shop is (the beans, the tuna, the curry, the chili, the stewed steak...)

Not pictured: the mini pizza that I demolished for my lunch.

Yes, more eggs again, I got chatting with some other shoppers about our endless omelettes and scrambled eggs, was funny to see us still taking more, as if we actually ever wanted to eat any more this century 😁 but really what it showed me is that people are not picky and will work with whatever they're given, and are grateful. 🙏

I donated eight bottles of unopened sunscreen which I'd gotten free from work at the end of summer. I have more than I need and there's more sunshine creeping into our days, so I'm sure someone can use it.

Amazed: I will be receiving a £200 award of Household Support. I really didn't think I would qualify, but now I'm really, really glad they told me to try.

Seesaw: I managed to have "money left over" this month and put £100 onto the most expensive credit card. While this should feel like a victory, I'm conscious that on the cheaper cards, the spending is still going up ↑↑↑ and by a lot more than £100, and the interest will skyrocket in August. So there is a sense of impending doom. Oh well, at least I'm rearranging the debt onto cheaper rates, that's something 💁 and I applied for more cleaning roles. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment