Sunday 5 February 2023

Thwarted

When I walked into work today (on an overtime shift that I cheekily picked up half an hour before it started) I was greeted by Good Boss laughing and calling me a "sneaky little rat". 😂 And then he said he'd missed me. As I left, I told him I'll sneak in again tomorrow, and he laughed and said it's fine, but then he told me I can't have overtime the day after that. 😔 I will still get 41h pay for this week but it's frustrating to know that it's going to be a battle to get the extra hours.

I've been accepted for the food club (I think?) and just need to show my bank statement on my first day. There's also another one closer to home that's starting up and I've asked for details for that. I managed to use one of my vouchers for Old Favourite supermarket and got some fresh fruit and vegetables into the house. I managed to resist getting a bunch of stuff that I actually need, hoping that I can get some of it from the food club later this week. As a result, I'm having fish fingers for dinner that I completely am not in the mood for at all 😂

I put three balls of yarn aside at work for Workmate Baby #3's blanket and then managed to forget to buy them, so here's hoping they are still there tomorrow. I also didn't eat my salad at work today (I opted to have the extra pay instead of taking a break) so it'll be there waiting for tomorrow. I tried to get a carwash, but it was out of order. I could pretend these were all money-saving hacks, but I also threw some pancakes and some chocolate muffins into my shopping today really, today has been an adulting- and health-fail overall.

Unicorn, one of my colleagues from Hell Supermarket, is coming for an interview this week and I am really crossing my fingers they take her on. 👌 Quite simply because she is fun, positive and works really hard. We can do with that kind of energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment