Sunday 27 August 2023

The Usual Mistake

Essentially, going into a supermarket without a mental shopping list. I then decided that I was sick of denying myself ordinary food and I came out with almost £50 of shopping - and I really didn't buy any truly "indulgent" foods. I don't consider the bottom-shelf varieties of snack food to be indulgent, and there really weren't any brand names in my things, either. I suppose I've lived on quasi-rations for so long that I just snapped? Here's hoping I have a few weeks of satiety via the few "nice" items that came home with me, like a "deluxe" frozen spinach & cauliflower pie and a four-pack of budget ice cream cones.

The upstairs-and-across-the-hall neighbours and their music... this has been ongoing for several weeks now. Owner #8 can't watch tv because the maximum volume on his tv doesn't drown out Tenant #4's music. I could feel their music inside my car with all the windows up. Last night at midnight, Tenant #5 was belting on the door for ten minutes before they answered. By this time there were also me and Tenant #6 from upstairs, and we got a mouthful of abuse about "he already knows he can't disturb us". Nasty letter has now been sent to the owner, and Owner #8 told him to get these guys removed. Let's see what comes of it all. Ain't no way I want to get a newborn to sleep with my windows shaking.

Dinner: blackberries, grapes, ice cream cone, steak pie, mini bag of crisps 😁

Joined: new money making programme as it seems to have high-paying offers for games. We shall see if it's worth reviewing. Still playing the yawnworthy trashy bingo game, it has tracked at least (good sign) but it remains to be seen whether I have the patience to keep going much longer.

Cashed out: £20 on InboxPounds and £8 on SwagBucks, both for playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment