Thursday 3 August 2023

Sofa Coins

(Figuratively.) This week I cashed out a few pounds at a time on various "little" survey platforms and also deposited £15 of loose change into the bank. I made another sale on Vinted, only £4 but it's something. This all means that I will just manage bills for the week. Next week, I also get paid from job #2, but the week after that I'm not sure how things will go. I'm off sick from work again today - that dreaded throat infection did not actually go away and is now in my sinuses. So even though I get paid for one week in the middle, there will be a deficit again coming up. This is the point where I consider seriously whether I should go on maternity leave early, or at least take my annual leave before I do. I have requested leave for my last three weeks before maternity leave (34-36) and we will see if Big Boss says yes.

The only money I've spent in the last ten days has been £3.11. 💪 This was for groceries, including two dozen eggs and five bananas going cheap at work.

I have started picking my lettuce. Something is eating it, every leaf has tiny holes, which of course is not going to stop me (how dare they touch my lettuce). I wouldn't say it's delicious but hey, it's virtually free. I also got hold of some more blackberries and the church next door now has a couple of small/green windfall apples appearing at its fence - so hopefully there will be some quality ones over the next month.

The custard-and-lemon-muffin concoction turned out to be edible. 😊 I sprinkled each muffin with sugar. I also made the custard with powdered milk, too, so it was a bit of a surprise that they were nice. I have half the muffins in my freezer still and will make another batch of custard to have them with later.

No comments:

Post a Comment