Tuesday 10 December 2019

The Passage Of Time

Sometimes when you look back a bit, you realise that what seemed paramount... really and truly, just isn't as important as you think. Sometimes it just needs time and perspective and the will to let anger go.

Observation: there are not enough easy-to-find guided meditation videos on YouTube and if I weren't busy coughing so much I might create a few. The ones I've listened to either have people who babble on and on or talk about weird stuff. My original teacher in Old Town, despite not being great in her lectures, was really good during the guided meditations and paused quite a lot to let people drift and relax.

#2: the bath is a good place to meditate.

#3: vegetarian sausages can be chopped and thrown into pound shop vegetable soup, improving both.

I have spent some time this week entering competitions, after learning that there's a lady out there who spends two hours a day entering comps and "earns" £15,000 per year from it. I would be happy taking in £1k and obviously would prefer not to spend two hours a day filling in forms. Half an hour is my limit before I go a bit spare and I've little patience for crap requiring me to "tag a friend" or "tell us in 20 words or less".

Unfortunately most of the competitions I find are for things I could neither sell nor use, like a trip to Bermuda for two, or a newborn photoshoot. Even for food and grocery giveaways, I'd rather have the moolah than a case of organic peanut butter. One must continually hunt for the cash prize giveaways.

Old Town flat is officially over and done with, cleaned, tidied and closed the door. Keys returned. As I was taking that last and final look, I actually had a moment of sadness where I thought I might cry. But driving home, car full of stuff and singing Christmas songs, I reminded myself how wonderful it is to be free, to live anywhere I like. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment