Sunday 8 December 2019

The 2020 £2020 challenge

So this is an idea shamelessly stolen from the MoneySavingExpert's forums, where people are aiming to earn an extra £2020 for the year and putting it into their signatures there. I first thought that it wouldn't work for me (I would continually forget about what I'd earned, I'm sure) but maybe it'd work on my blog.

Some participants say that you can't count where you're buying stuff at a saving, you can only include actual income. Some say you can count the whole amount. I say: that if it's an item you'd have bought at full price, you can count the saving, but only when compared with the brand you'd usually buy. They allow you to use extra hours at work, but I think that's cheating since my income is a bit variable in the first place. Here's the official list:

Overtime / second job
Daily clicks
Interest from bank accounts
Supermarket / shopping vouchers
Yellow sticker savings
Mystery shopping
Survey income/vouchers/gift cards
Profit from selling on eBay etc
Cashback for purchases
Competitions
Freebies

In any case, it might be interesting just to see the pennies I gather, plus my book and art royalties. The latter two are laughable amounts but I suppose it all adds up?

Sidebar widget: done.

2020: not started yet!

Secret Santa is sorted for work. Fortunately, I drew someone easy to gift, and had something already that will work perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment