Monday 2 December 2019

Rampant Tightarsery

I spent £19 in the supermarket for the week. I am actually annoyed at the fact that I'm annoyed at £19. I came home with eclairs, chocolate, mince pies, and soft bake cookies. I eat so little that it's really, really bad to be eating "garbage" calories. If I just ate by appetite, I'd end the day having eaten only a piece of toast and whatever milk is in my coffee.

But it got me thinking. I recently skipped a brilliant comedian because it was £25 and I can just watch telly for free. It's not even an obscene amount when I go out so rarely. I am also avoiding a thrillseeker-type activity I have wanted to try for years, because it's £120 for two hours. I just can't bring myself to spend money because I always worry about saving money.

Dinner: half a tin of stewed steak on toast. Pros: It's nice enough and it's £1 a tin from the pound shop. It's a change from beans on toast. Cons: a £1 tin of stewed steak is mostly gravy, so I had a boiled egg for the protein. As usual. I'm absolutely sick of boiled eggs!

Free from work: two cans of lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment