Monday 6 December 2021

Not Much

So I did the Olio collection at my old work on Saturday night. I was hoping to get a good whack of salad and maybe some fruit (since that's the best you can hope for most of the time). There wasn't much in the way of salad, just a million bags of carrot batons, which really don't keep and look sad and depressed before they're even out of date.

But I've decided to grant the salad my forgiveness because omidog the sheer amount of everything else. I can only keep 10% and I still ended up with pears, kiwifruit, lemons, the aforementioned carrots, a tray of roasting veg, baby potatoes, mixed peppers, tzatziki, one solitary salad (yay!), a whole lettuce, bread rolls, a tiger baton, salmon fishcakes, chicken kievs, bangers & mash, more mash, sandwiches, pastries, milk and sausages.

I'm still amazed that there was any protein there at all let alone so much of it. It's a good thing I've been eating out of my freezer lately and had space.

Note to self, say yes to Olio on a Saturday night at Old Work. And I think I'll change my mind and consider committing to a regular slot nearby at sister store. If I can get one decent collection like that per fortnight, I can probably avoid shopping. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment