Friday 10 December 2021

Spenderella Cut It Up One Time

Having a new job is costing me money. Mainly I'm soothe-spending all the awkwardness and not-quite-comfortable-ness that's par for the course when you embark on something new. Sigh.

Good: I have resisted buying any Christmas garb. Work has given me a lovely warm Christmas top.

Bad: I'm cold at work in my office trousers and I bought some thick tights to go underneath. £5

Good: Today I used a travel cup from home to take an iced coffee into work and it was refreshing in mid-afternoon when I was flagging (hours of online training take a toll on the brain).

Good/Bad: My Ikea flavoured water bottle is too big and awkward for work, so I bought two smaller bottles. £8.

Good/Bad: Being rota'd as that day's duty manager is going to mean "on feet all day", so I've decided I will buy all-black trainers. Quite frankly I have done my time waking up still in pain during my last job, so office-type shoes can do one. I will probably also need dedicated trainer-style steel-capped shoes for when I'm actually in the kitchen of my cafe, but I think work will pay for those.

Good/Bad: So far I haven't spent on new running trainers yet OR a new gym membership... erm... I am hoping that after New Year I'll get to carve out time for the gym and a yoga class every week.

Good: I resisted buying new lunch boxes. (What is this - why am I patting myself on the back for not spending? Not spending should be normal!)

Bad: I'm buying food. This shouldn't be a sin, but I also feel like I'm eating a lot, too. I somehow feel like I need umpteen snack items or I'm missing out? Also chocolate. Whatever. At least having All The Snacks means I'm not buying meal deals. ££

Bad: I haven't got my staff discount in place yet and I've started spending anyway...

Bad: A whole barbecue chicken was bought today, when my freezer is most-assuredly not empty of protein. I'm justifying it by saying that I ate it with freebie veg. And the chicken was at least reduced. £3.72

My last post was pretty negative so on balance I really should note that everyone seems nice. My shadowee for this week is awesome, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment