Saturday 18 December 2021

I Cannot Say...

...that today was good. It was only ok, which is generous. I ended up wearing jeans and my steel-capped boots, mostly because I no longer care to adhere to "office attire". My back had had QUITE enough after two hours of tinned food work. I then had to avoid The Taskmaster (otherwise known as the grocery manager) before I could be assigned to more stock work. Pain level is a 6/10 which is the best I've had since the first day.

Five hours was spent on "my project", which, it turns out, isn't terrible. It is "look a list up on the pc, print that out, then walk up and down every aisle with a trolley to pick items missed by the home delivery pickers". I then need to locate the correct (heavy) crate and put the items in place. IQ required, approximately 50. It allows me to not stand still, and hey, it's something to do. Most importantly it is generally an excuse for why I can't be pulled away to do something else. It's mentally exhausting to always try to find some task to do simply to avoid being seconded elsewhere, always on guard in case they randomly assign you some shitty new pleb job, never knowing how long you are "safe" on your boring current task. And let me tell you, the entire day was boring. As boring as bat shit. This is a new low, in that I am ridiculously pleased just to have a trolley to push up and down every aisle for hours on end, and there is the prospect that this might be "my specialty" for another week.

All free from Olio.
(Poinsettia was free too, from Old Work.)
My feet, only being sore rather than in agony, decided it was ok to bulk shop on non-perishables to take advantage of the last day of the 20% off. I did manage to exhaust myself putting it all in the car, having not had the brains to either get enough boxes or bring my shopping bags... but just shy of £150 went through the till so I've saved £30. And yes, I know that spending £120 is not saving 😁 but I did it anyway, just in case I ragequit in the next few weeks and need to survive off... erm, bananas, expired milk and tiger bread? You see, I also sat down at Lunch Break #2 (don't ask) and saw a bunch of Olio items offered, and there were enough items from one person that it was worth the little detour to pick them all up. Look at my goodies! 😍 

I was even in a good enough mood to decide to treat myself for dinner. So I went with a deep-pan pizza and garlic bread, and am now stuffed, for the grand total of £1.

My interest-free period ends on one of my credit cards next month, so time to redraw from my loan to pay it out. Touch wood I'll get another interest-free offer in a few months' time to save a bit more on interest. I can afford things if not, but it'd be nice to save the extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment