Monday 13 December 2021

Dead Feet

From being on them, the entire day. This is not what I signed up for. Even though I rebelled and wore my old comfy trainers today, I'm now in agony. I was pulled away from my Awesome Buddy and ended up doing nine hours of heavy wine work today, and I am Not. Impressed. 

Another manager remarked that café managers tend to get dragged all over the shop "because there isn't much to do in the café". She herself spent all day working fruit and vegetable cages. And I see my lovely buddy manager spending all day stocking the display tables and promotion racks with crates and crates of warehouse products. This is work that the general store staff could be doing at a much lower pay grade. I don't get it. If it's for Christmas rush, fine, but if this is the answer to "what the managers do when they aren't at a desk" then I am not sure it's what I want.

It's a waiting game to find out.

Free food from my Olio collection: Not much. Pastries, veg sausages, pasta salad, bread. And not much interest from anyone else, either, which is unsurprising. Still, it's a few meals at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment