Thursday 17 March 2022

Great Interview

...which has now made me really annoyed. I mean, I walked in and aced it. They've already filled their reception roles and probably their admin roles, which is a bummer because they are part time. But I am, on paper, a perfect fit for a senior park administrator role which is full time, and not yet advertised. Someone who knows how most of the other roles work (chef, bar, housekeepers, receptionists). I've done all of those things. I was up-front that I can't do physical work and he was understanding and still told me loads about the role.

Then unfortunately he wrapped it up by saying that when things get hectic they shut the office and all muck in, and that might mean we all go out to a caravan and turn it over ourselves. After I had told him that I'm not up for doing physical work. This was the very question I had wanted to ask. It's a deal-breaker for me.

In the end he made no binding promises but invited me to come to their open day on the weekend. I said I'd go, but I don't really want this role. Today's interview-not-interview was in my official Universal Credit must-do list 😒 but there are no such requirements in there for turning up on a Saturday or taking on an unadvertised, unsuitable job.

Considering dropping some or all three of my regular Olio collection slots. The new store I pick up from now has basically been an entire box of bread, an entire box of pastries, and three or four minor things like sandwiches or a salad. Sure, free food is nice but I'm pretty sure I spend more on fuel than I could spend on shopping wisely and making my own meals. I'll give them a couple of weeks but if this is normal, I'll let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment