Friday 11 March 2022

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof is On Fi-

Well, no, it's not on fire. But it's moving along like a house on fire. Oooh, poor choice of words. The roof is finished, all but the fascias and guttering, which are being completed as I write. It is SO GOOD to be on the final stretch. I am fed up with vans parked in my driveway, debris across my hallway floor, doors being left open, building materials being piled up in front of my letterbox, skips full of rubbish, and mostly, having my curtains permanently shut for privacy! I cannot WAIT to move all my plants back where they belong, and get started on weeding them and potting up some new things for the summer. And being able to look out at the sea while I sit at my desk.

Unrelated: Refuelling hurt today. My little baby 35-litre tank took in £53 worth of fuel, which is insane when you drive a shoebox. Anyway, I decided to spend some Nectar points. I'm calling it half-price fuel.

Also painful: I've got to come up with £1000 in the next couple of weeks, to top up our building administration fund, because things like water bills and insurance need to be maintained. It ain't going to be a comfortable few weeks financially. Looks like I need to get more hours at work! Speaking of work, I am now officially "in the system" and can pick up extra shifts as soon as they appear - just gotta find the ones that I can physically do. Also to my surprise I'm getting a pay rise in April, beyond the minimum wage. Not a king's ransom mind you but still nice.

Playing: the world's shittiest gym game, which so far seems to be to click on a character and tell them to do sit-ups. But it's paying a few pounds so there are worse ways to pass time.

No comments:

Post a Comment