Wednesday 9 March 2022

Salad is Weird

I never feel like making myself a salad. Usually the free salad stuffs in my fridge only have a 50/50 chance of even being opened before being thrown away. But tonight was quite lean for my food collection and I am eating a prepared packaged salad, with some rocket and cherry tomatoes thrown in. And it is absolutely delicious.

Because I was hoping for protein tonight, I didn't cook anything for dinner. Murphy's Law of course, I got 16 pints of skim milk but no meat, so it's almost 10pm and I'm still waiting for my frozen sausages to cook. That'll teach me!

I am in the process of updating alllll my survey memberships to let them know I'm now part time with a lower income. (If I don't do this, they'll ask me during a survey and my answer won't match my profile, and boom, disqualified.) While I am at it, I'm nuking the ones which aren't worthwhile, some of which are sites that I "gave a second chance" to and they have bombed it by still being crap.

Covering my bills will be tough this month thanks to this whole "waiting until pay day" thing (that's life) so it is hard to give much to the Ukraine effort, but I have decided to keep one survey site refreshing whenever my pc is open and doing every survey on there I can catch, then donating that lot to the Red Cross. Please cross your fingers for lots of studies in the next few weeks.

Lovely: the fresh scent of clean washing hung on the airer to dry beside the radiator 😊 I still usually smell weird things 24/7 like stale engine, burnt toast and so on (thank you Covid) so although it's not nearly as fresh a scent as it used to be, I am just grateful for being able to sort-of detect it. That, and garlic in my bathroom, which is my neighbours' favourite cooking ingredient and which comes through the wall behind my water heater! Ah well, there are worse aromas to have in a bathroom 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment