Friday 4 March 2022

New Beginnings, And All That

Induction day at Bargain Shop went well. The people are nice, they've given me a 4 hour contract, I reminded them that I need light duties and was more than happy to cover till, and all seems well. I go back for my till training and floor training over the next few days. I was very interested to see my contract, which as expected says I can't work for any competitor. I brought that up with my manager and he actually stated that they don't consider supermarkets to be their competition. This is great news, on the off chance I can get a part time role back with Old Chain in future. While I will get a staff discount at Bargain Shop, the yellow sticker bargains are far better in Old Chain.

I treated myself to McDonalds today, and it's probably been more than three months since I bought a takeaway meal. For a while I wrestled with the idea, knowing that I certainly had the self-discipline to eat a snack from my bag then go home and make lunch. But you know, I'm also a little worried that I'm going ever-so-slightly batty with what most people would call extreme frugality (showering using only one bucket of hot water is actually where it occurs to me most, although that's more to do with not wanting to replace the system just yet). I don't want to end up eating cat food on toast and stuffing my clothes with newspaper when I do have enough money to buy the basics. So I allowed myself this indulgence.

Cranky because a website where I downloaded a game "for £30 reward" claims to have no tracking of it and won't pay me. Wankers, it took me ten days of graft to reach the reward level. This particular game has a similar offer from a different cashback site, so I've installed it on a different device and we will see. It's a good thing I enjoy the game itself or I'd be way past cranky.

I have had to pause doing market research as I don't know my work schedule yet! Hopefully I get that in the next few days.

Currently playing: that pleasant little time suck game again 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment