Wednesday 23 March 2022

Work Shenanigans

I accidentally turned up early for my shift, by an hour. Because nobody realised, I don't get paid for that hour 😭 It didn't cost me anything though so life could be worse!

Another time I had two short shifts, and the supervisor asked would I rather just get paid for my break? Yes please. But that meant a 5h 15m shift, and I went home afterwards and fell asleep. Lesson learned, five hours is still a bit much to ask of myself. Slowly slowly catchy monkey, etc.

They've also had an IT meltdown at head office and I didn't get my first weeks' pay (I only got my second week's pay (!) of exactly four hours 😁 plus all that tax refund). Boss Man was incredibly apologetic and has promised it will be fixed, but since I didn't expect to get paid at all until the end of March anyway, it's not a big deal. All up, I still love this place, it is relaxed and not stressful and nobody expects more from me than I can give. 😍

AND! Universal Credit tell me I no longer have to attend job coach appointments, providing I stay over 12 hours of work per week. I am not quite there yet but she has given me a temporary exemption and I will take all the overtime shifts I can manage, just to avoid that place. Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment