Friday 16 September 2022

Hmmm, oh yeah

What's frugal lately? Well, I managed to get three packs of "hot and spicy chicken" this week for 50p each. They are now in my freezer. I've also realised I have no idea what I normally spend on groceries, mostly because of random spontaneous purchases such as the chicken (and long work days where I wobble and buy food for lunch, which I shouldn't be doing, either for economy or weight reasons). So at the beginning of the week I withdrew £20 in cash, and we will see what gets spent. I'm walking over to LIDL today so maybe it'll all get blown in there...

Currently washing my trusty old backpack which I bought in 2017 and which seems to have collected a layer of mould. I am hoping it comes out looking new.

I used the petrolprices app to find cheap fuel last night in my area. When I got to my chosen place, the price was higher. Sigh. Well, I tried.

Fail: Totally Shit Bank emailed me to nag that I hadn't viewed my monthly statement. I hadn't viewed it because I don't use their rubbish services, it just has an interest-free debt that's automatically paying off the minimum for another year and a half. But I log in, and my credit card account has completely disappeared. Same in the app. Well done, Totally Shit Bank, take a bow. If they never find it again, that would be a bonus, and to be honest, not all that surprising.

Fail/win: work offered me an extra day today, and I turned it down, because I'm so tired. I'm annoyed at myself, but I think it was the healthy choice. I did calculate, however, that if I manage to get fulltime hours for six months, I can save more than £2,000 (or, put it towards bills/debts/flights). Something to keep me motivated, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment