Sunday 11 September 2022

Since It's Raining Today

I decided to tackle fixing That Oil Heater. As far as I can tell, the thing was only actually glued together in the first place. So, well, I gathered my trusty Super Glue and poured it on liberally. (Yes, I got some on my hand. Yes, I googled to see whether super glue is heat-resistant, and it is, at the temperatures this tiny heater will reach.) I am testing it today just to see that it behaves, but so far, so good. I am hoping not to use my larger heater until it gets really cold.

Owner #2a sent me the alleged "accounts" that Dilemma gave him and holy cow, we seem to be paying a student accountant just to make a complicated spreadsheet which makes zero sense. I do not have high hopes for her completion date later this month. These accounts (and also the tribunal ruling that we're waiting on, in order to redistribute the share each flat should have to pay), they're delaying us in giving her the boot. 😑 Which, in turn, delays me in trying to refinance onto a mortgage.

At this point I assume it's going to be so far away that I'm coming to pin my hopes on a lower-rate personal loan instead, which would make my repayments £300 per month (instead of £400). It's still a far cry from the £150/month mortgage I'd been hoping for, but hey. I then tried to do some Future Mathematics™ and got annoyed.

A bit sad about the Queen. Monarchist I am not, but I think she was a remarkable woman, and she did dedicate her entire working life (and then some) to what she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment