Sunday 18 September 2022

The Beer Garden

Neighbour #8 referred to our backyard as "the beer garden" and I am ridiculously pleased that it has been renamed. We had drinks outside this week with Tenant #2a and it was lovely. They have added some garden lights and we've resolved to bring table lights next time and keep our meetups going into the winter.

Winner: I had been tossing up buying a second clothes airer, to dry my clothes without the tumble dryer. Me being me, I kept putting it off. Until today, when a customer returned her airer as faulty (it had one broken rail out of 24) and I have now brought it home for a reduced price of £7.20 (down from £12). A liberal dash of superglue and the rail is repaired. Winner. I have paid for it out of my £20 cash weekly food allowance too so I can almost count it as free, or something.

Currently: feeling guilty that I'm not doing one extra hour today at work. Ridiculous, but here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment