Wednesday 20 September 2023

Shocker, Joe Cocker

I've been waiting for an easy/simple switching offer for another bank, to get the bonus, so today I opened a "throwaway" current account with an existing bank, to use for switching. The best switch bonus right now is from Lloyds, it's a £175 offer, but would cost me £3 a month (because I don't earn their minimum deposit requirement) so I'm still toying on whether I will then switch to them, or hold fire and wait for a better switch offer.

Lunch: a packet of cheap pre-cooked Peri Peri rice with some chicken thrown in (and I ate a handful of green beans while it was cooking). It was nice, it was fast, it made two portions, and I'll buy it again.

This evening I listened to The Martin Lewis podcast, which was quite interesting, and I might listen again next week if I remember. I'm always game to learn new money tips.

Booked in: two new tyres, and the other two will happen asap. In the meantime I'm driving as little as I can and making double duty of journeys - look at me adulting with my fuel spending! (Funny how "needing to watch your pennies" will do that for you. 😉) I will pop into Food Club after the tyres are fitted and also visit the supermarket for a few bits and pieces, and touch wood I can burn through some of the food already in my kitchen. I always seem to buy "easy" food instead of cooking from scratch with what I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment