Friday 29 September 2023

Tickety Tockety

Ho hum. I am waiting for my new debit card to arrive, so that I can start spending (what - no - it's an account where you have to make enough separate transactions each month to get a £5 bonus - so I'll use it on very inexpensive things like single bananas and 19p cans of spaghetti hoops).

I have cut the last of the lettuce and whacked the plants down to the dirt. No ripe blackberries at all - the week of heat must have hurt them, but plenty of red ones, so perhaps next week. I also got fed up of looking at my pile of tinned vegies and lamented the fact that I really don't get enough of my five-a-day, so last night I made a hamburger (last beef patty on the last of my freebie tiger bread) and had a bowl of mixed vegetables, mushrooms and kidney beans, all from Food Club.

I've been for my Covid jab and touch wood, no problems. As a reward for having driven that far and enduring the stabbity, I treated myself to a takeaway lunch. I then unexpectedly got given a free cake afterwards. Which came home and is now sat in my kitchen for another time.

Paid: £5 from Prolific, £3 from Pinecone.

No comments:

Post a Comment