Monday 7 October 2019

Irritated.

I had a day off yesterday and spent most of it reading money forums. Today was payday and I transferred the whole lot into Alright Savings account (as I have to meet minimum deposit amounts each month) then as I went to move most of it to the Good Savings account, bam. Account locked.

Long story short three phone calls and three hours to get that account unlocked... apparently it looked like money laundering due to the fact it is a brand new bank account. Slightly terrifying I must admit, will I actually trust Alright bank again with my money just in case they decide it is not mine next time, and won't give it back?! And the reason I had to move the money twice was their own stupid rule about minimum deposits!

For those of you who know, Alright bank was that bank whose internet banking went completely and utterly tits up not so long ago. It still basically sucks, as does their entire system. Calling them Alright bank is probably being generous, they're pretty rubbish and I only stay with them because (1) this savings account pays interest, and (2) my oldest bank account is with them and I need to improve the average age of my bank accounts...

Oh well. At least it was a good amount that I got in my paypacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment