Sunday 10 November 2019

Dumb Things, Lucky Things

I still haven't stayed at the new place. A planned minor surgery has been cancelled, which meant I could go to work instead, so I haven't started packing yet. Annoyance #2 is that they want to do a more complicated procedure with general anaesthetic on me instead, after Christmas and in Old Town, and I won't have anywhere to stay after my surgery and won't be able to drive home on the day. And they won't let me stay at the hospital. Really not sure what I'm going to do, sigh. #lonelylife

Speaking of my new place, it has a smaller bed. I bought the wrong duvet from Sainsbury's and had to get it refunded (£22). Then I remembered I had Tesco vouchers from TopCashBack*, so I toddled off to see if they had the size I need. £5.50. That'll do me. I also got the socket set for my car, £6.

Bought a delicious-looking chicken & chorizo sandwich for dinner and barely choked down the first half before I felt too ill. Incredibly frustrating because I really needed the protein as a bare minimum.

Found out I made a couple of mistakes at work when I was left to work solo after only two days. Another team leader thinks that was unfair and invited me to spend another week with her. Pleased :)

Side-effect of the dramatic weight loss (I'm 20kg down) is I've gone from a BMI of Obese -> Overweight -> Healthy. I am still over the recommended waist/belly measurement. I have severe scarring and hanging belly skin that I absolutely hate more than anything else in this world. It's my biggest negative about myself, and I suspect that it won't shrink much no matter how much weight I lose. Still, I have a visible waist now (!!!!) which finally looks smaller than my hips. And when the belly's under clothing, I am almost a body shape that I can be ok with. I hope that " being ok" will be good enough.

Objectively I can look back and think: Wow. I should be thrilled to have lost so much weight, but just the fact that I'm down right now means I see the negatives of everything. Well, this shall pass in time.

41p for six reduced scones via yellow sticker. Something I don't need, but in theory, I like them, so maybe I'll be able to eat them.

*referral link

No comments:

Post a Comment