Monday 30 March 2020

Corona #10, it goes on

I no longer check the weather forecast because it is completely irrelevant. I won't be going anywhere except work anyway.

A customer had a go at me today, twice, and I lost my cool a bit and told him that it won't help being rude to me. I'm not pleased with myself and wish I'd been more patient. People are scared and it's making them snappy and it's making them do stupid things.

Our plastic screen is in place and while it's a good thing, it also makes life difficult as people can't hear well through it and can't easily stack their baskets, pack their groceries or collect their bags through the hatch.

35,000 people have now died.

My co-worker R is self-isolating for at least a week, leaving us scrambling to rearrange staff hours for cover. I start at 6am tomorrow and since J & I were both originally supposed to begin at 8, I'll collect him on the way - he can sit in the kitchen and eat cereal and my bet is that they just tell him to log in and work.

On the plus side there's plenty of work for us. And I did get a free ham & cheese sandwich today, some yoghurt, a chocolate sundae, jam on toast for breakfast and a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes for my lunch (£2.20).

I'm making chicken burgers for dinner with potato toaster waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment