Thursday 26 March 2020

Corona #8, Queue Time

"X" marks the spot. We now limit customer numbers in the shop at any one time. They park themselves on crosses outside and mostly are content to chat as they wait. It helps that it wasn't raining today. We also need to police their distancing inside the shop, as despite all the signs and all the squares marked out on the floor, they still wander into each others' very close personal space.

Idiot #1: I must confess I got really annoyed at a whole family of five today, the little girl was COUGHING and for some unfathomable reason the idiot parents brought her into the store. I lost patience and asked them all to step back away from me - the mother says, "Oh, she's only five and doesn't understand." I said, "Yes, but she's coughing and I need you all to step back. It would be better not to bring her in here, one parent really should stay outside with the children - just to keep everyone safe." She was nice about it and agreed, but I was fuming. What an irresponsible thing to do. If it had been me on the door I would have told them the kids couldn't come in, but it was too late by the time they got to the tills...

Idiot #2: On my remarking about the lovely sunshine, one customer said we should all be out enjoying the sunshine. I say, no actually, everyone should be staying home. And he says, "Why?"

As the manager said, there's always one. Our area apparently has several.

My hands are red raw from the hand washing. My feet are killing me. I've lost count of the hours I have worked.

Nothing going free again today, and I haven't done raffle entries in well over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment