Saturday 21 March 2020

Stepping Up A Gear - Coronavirus #4

Board gaming group is cancelled. Most of the group seems fairly young, but I've no idea whether some of them live with elderly or vulnerable people, and they all seemed reluctant to take the risk. Board gaming has a lot of handling of things. It makes me think about the fact that I am handling other peoples' money and groceries all day at work...

Other groups are setting up online gaming sessions with video sharing of the game board, and I am hoping someone will volunteer to do this. I'd do it myself if I had a proper table to do it and more than one game. The game I do have unfortunately relies on cards staying secret to the players, so it won't work for streaming anyway.

Son and I will get together and play our card game. I think I'll order a few more two-player games for us to play, since I can't see the group reconnecting in the near future.

Work is eerie. They've now closed the schools. It's all escalating faster than I expected. We sell out of the most random items now, for example I just do not understand how or why people are bulk-buying eggs, a perishable product that can't be frozen in any practical way. Or fresh fruit. It's quite silly, we still get deliveries, and the supermarkets will still be open next week...

By the time this publishes I am sure that some new strange thing will have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment